Key Steps to Using Tas/cker
Set Work Date → Define Tasks → Begin Task
- Set Work Date - Normally set to the current date, this tells Tas/cker to log all tasks to the selected date, even if your work day extends to the next day, or when certain tasks should be logged to a different day instead of today.
- Define Tasks - enumerate the tasks to be done for the day; for recurring tasks, Tas/cker can reload the tasks from the previously recorded work day. You can have one task taking up the entire day, or multiple tasks dividing your work day.
- Begin Task - this starts the logging of time for the task. Only one task can be timed at any one time, where starting a new task stops the logging of the previous task. You can return to logging any previous tasks if it another task happen to run in the middle of one.
Getting to Know the Interface
- create a new task instance.
- save all tasks and their logged times.
- start/stop the work day.
The Work Day Picker - choose the date to log the task times to.
Sometimes, you will need to adjust recorded time for some tasks. This may usually be the case if, during hectic periods in the work day, you forget to start the timer for the appropriate task. This can be corrected in two ways:
- Adjust Time for the Specific Task - this involves clicking the Adjust Time button to open the Adjust Time dialog box. Enter the amount of time to modify from the Tasks and click either Add or Subtract button.
- Move Time Between Tasks - this involves dragging the clock icon from one Task to another, then entering the amount of time to move between Tasks. Note that you cannot move more time than what was recorded from the source Task.
Viewing the Weekly Summaries
Changing Application Preferences
Tas/cker offers a few customization features to fit your usage preferences:
- Enable Auto-Save - sets whether the application shall auto-save at a set interval
- Use Previous Recorded Work Items as Template - when set, every time the user selects a date with no data yet, the application reloads the last saved work day's work items as a template.
- Hide on Minimize - when set, the application shall be hidden from the Windows Taskbar when minimized. This shall still be accessible via the notification icon.
- Confirm on Application Exit - when set, the user must confirm the application close to avoid accidental closing.